Thinking of buying a vacation home on the Crystal Coast of North Carolina? Want to stay close to beaches and boating, while enjoying the peace and privacy of a little space? Looking for a charming and comfortable place to call home-away-from-home? Don’t miss out on these two fabulous Newport, NC neighborhoods!
Why Buy a Vacation Home in Newport, NC?
There are so many reasons to choose Newport for your vacation home. Here are just a few:
- Accessibility: Just off Highway 24, Newport is conveniently within reach of major NC cities like Jacksonville, Wilmington, and Raleigh.
- Affordability: With median listing prices at $139,000, homes in Newport are highly affordable.
- Convenience: Newport’s neighborhoods and communities are conveniently located within minutes of shopping, dining, beaches, and other major area attractions.
- Peace & Privacy: Though Newport’s homes are close to major areas like Morehead City and Beaufort, they’re also private and serene, with larger yards, private woods and trees, and plenty of peace and quiet.
- Water Access & Boating: Many of Newport’s homes are located along canals or even the Bogue Sound for ideal access to boating, fishing, paddling, and more.
Somerset Plantation in Newport
Located between the Croatan National Forest and the Bogue Sound in a wooded area of Newport, Somerset Plantation is the ideal community for those looking for a quiet waterfront retreat.
Homes in Somerset come in a variety of sizes and styles, ranging from about $299k to $449k. Many sit directly on the Sound or have beautiful Sound views. The neighborhood also has a community dock with a large boat slip, a pool, tennis courts, and lush landscaping.
Somerset Plantation is conveniently located off Highway 24 for easy access to shopping and dining, local and state parks, Downtown Morehead City, and Atlantic beaches.
Blue Heron Bay in Newport
Cozy modern houses tuck into pines and evergreens on stretches of neat lawn in the scenic and serene Blue Heron Bay. Situated along the shores of the Bogue Sound between Swansboro and Morehead City, Blue Heron Bay is another fantastic waterfront option for those who want to be close to it all… but still feel far away.
Blue Heron’s homes range considerably in size, styles, and features, though many offer garages, open floor plans, or screened porches. The neighborhood itself boasts a pool, tennis courts, and a neighborhood marina with boat slips.
Blue Heron Bay is also located just off Highway 24, just a short drive from shopping and dining in Cape Carteret Swansboro, or across the bridge to Emerald Isle (where you can also find great Atlantic beaches).
Ready to Come Find Your Dream Vacation Home in Newport?
If you’re thinking of buying a vacation home on the Crystal Coast, then it’s time to contact Linda Rike Real Estate. As your guides to real estate on the Crystal Coast, we’re here to help you explore the area, discover its fabulous communities, and find the perfect place for your vacation retreat.